Possible network interview questions
It can be helpful to think about the questions you want to ask prior to the
interview. Write them down and bring them with you. Try to ask open
questions (how? what?) rather than questions that will result in yes/no
answers. Try not to bombard the person you are meeting with questions -
you don't want them to feel that they're being interrogated. Some possible
questions might include:
- what is a typical day like?
- what do you like most/least about your job?
- what changes are occuring in your field?
- how did you get into this type of work?
- what types of skills/training/qualifications are needed?
- what type of advancement opportunities are available within the
- do you have any tips for entering this field?
- could you recommend anyone else for me to talk to?
- how have technological changes altered your work?
- what recruitment methods does the company use? Where are
- what are the working conditions like?
- is there a standard career path within this field/company?